Your First Visit
Thank you for your interest in St. Louis Spinning! All of our classes are open to all levels, and if you have any questions, or if for any reason you are unable to register for class, please feel free to call us at 314-645-SPIN. Even if we do not answer, please leave a message and we'll get back to you right away!
We have a First Time Special available to new students at St. Louis Spinning. Your first class is $10 and your second class is free! Please see staff at St. Louis Spinning as this offer can only be sold at the studio.
Once you've registered for your class, please try and arrive 15 minutes early your first time. We will have a waiver for you to fill out, and this will allow plenty of time for the instructor to set you up on the bike, and answer any other questions you might have.
In addition to spinning classes, we also offer a variety of core strengthening classes like Fitball and Fusion, yoga classes, and therapeutic classes such as yin yoga and foam roller.
WHAT IS SPINNING?
Spinning is a unique indoor stationary cycling program created in 1987 by endurance cyclist Johnny Goldberg, a.k.a. "Johnny G". Spinning offers a complete mind/body experience for people of all ages and fitness levels as the participant works at his/her own level of intensity.
St. Louis' Original Spinning opened in 1995 as the first Spinning facility in St. Louis and the second "Spin-only" studio in the country. We have 44 bikes on the floor in our state-of-the-art warehouse facility which includes two dock doors that open when weather permits. On average, we train over 3,000 Spinning students per month. Our philosophy is simple: ride hard, train smart and be the best!
We are proud to have over 20 certified Spinning instructors who have undergone a rigorous and comprehensive training regimen that focuses on both athletic and motivational coaching techniques. Each instructor achieves real results by offering their own style, character and personality; music and class structure are as unique as each of our instructors.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
1. The cut off period for registration online is 30 minutes before class time. If within 30 minutes please call the studio at 314-645-SPIN and speak with staff. Often times there will still be spaces left and we will sign you up, no problem :)
2. Due to high attendance for some classes, we do have a two hour cancellation policy for classes. If unable to cancel online PLEASE call the studio so that we can open up that space for another rider. Thank you for your cooperation, we look forward to seeing you at St. Louis Spinning!
WHAT YOU'll NEED:
You don't need to make any special purchases to go to a Spinning class. Simply show up with some comfortable workout clothes, a bottle of water and a sense of enthusiasm.
There are a few items that can make your ride more enjoyable:
1. Moisture wicking clothing. Wearing a lightweight shirt will draw sweat away from your body to keep you cool and dry.
2. Padded cycling shorts. If you've ever ridden a bike for 40 minutes straight, you'll know that padding comes in handy!
3. Water, Water, Water! Our motto is "1 for 1" ounces of water for every minute of your ride. We can't stress the importance of this enough. A store bought water bottle works fine and usually holds about 16-24 ounces. Our newer bikes feature a second water bottle holder.
4. Towel. A simple hand towel will do. You'll be surprised how much you can sweat in a Spinning class. Your towel will also be used to wipe down your bike after class.
5. Stiff soled shoes. You can wear cycling shoes or a pair of sturdy sneakers. We have SPD and Look compatible pedals.
6. A Smile! If you don't have one going in, you will coming out!